Friday, January 15, 2010

fruit cocktail pork

Yes you read right, Are you Scared yet? This recipe is probably the most true the blog title so far. I started this recipe out in my head thinking hey pears, pork and cream cheese sound good, maybe I'll try them all together. We'll after a trip to the cupboard plans changed, I only had fruit cocktail so fruit cocktail I used. I fried some pork til it was cooked all the way through and in the mean time took the juice from the fruit cocktail and mixed it in with cream cheese maybe 4 oz but it wasn't the consistancy I wanted so I grabbed my left over Alfredo sauce from last night and decided to add that in also. Once the pork was cooked I made some rice and then added my mixture and the can of fruit cocktail, put it on medium heat and stirred it around a bit covered it and left it alone until my rice was done... I used the 5 minute rice. Then I plated the rice and put my new creation on top and that was dinner. My 1 year old ate it up and my husband said he liked it but that I should omit the whole piece of fruit before I served it. I thought it was pretty good myself. I do however plan on doing just cream cheese and Pears next time. Below are pictures of my concoction. Please let me know if you are brave enough to try it.




The pork while it was cooking









Everything in the pan





The final product

4 comments:

  1. You know I'm not a big fruit person, not sure if I'll be brave enough to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with jodi...don't know if im brave enough...but congrats to you, on creating something new and having the whole fam enjoy it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think it sounds really good going to try it this week! Thank you! What a cool blog!

    I am new to your blog and look forward to reading. Come on by and follow me if you would like. I am actually doing a giveaway! An InStyler!!! How exciting huh? Anyhow, it is nice to "meet" you new blogging friend!http://blondeinablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog stuff is a bit confusing but the ideas you have are interesting. Not sure if I could put alfredo sauce with cream cheese but I will try to put the other things together. Nice to see you trying to make cooking fun. Mom

    ReplyDelete