Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chicken and rice casserole

I still live by the fact that my cousin in law made something similar for Christmas last year but she doesn't remeber. Anyways tonight's dinner was quite interesting.

I cooked rice

diced and cooked chicken with natures seasoning and minced onions

chopped up frozen broccoli ( and when I say chopped I mutilated it)

diced up velveeta cheese

and smashed up buttery crackers

put all the rice on the bottom of dish, then the broccoli, chicken and cheese topped with the crushed crackers. Baked for 20 mins at 350

My hubby added salt and pepper to his and after eating it I think it needed more cheese maybe even preheated with milk to make it creamier and to mix all the contents together then top with the crackers.

1 comment:

  1. I have made cheesy broccoli like this before, can add cauliflower too. Frozen broccoli topped with chunks of velveeta, crumbled ritz crackers, and dotted with butter. Mmmm...health food!

    ReplyDelete